GSA Search Engine Ranker Best Practices Guide – Set Up Your GSA SER today!
By using our GSA SER Verified targets you will be able to boost GSA search Engine Ranker performance, and you can experience the real power of it and rankings.
- GSA Search Engine Ranker (GSA SER) runs more faster
- The number of threads you can use go up dramatically
- Your links build faster with less time and effort (Boost LPM/VPM)
- GSA SER consumes low resources (CPU/RAM/Bandwidth)
- Proxies are the only requirement for Posting – No more Scraping!
- Save Money On 3rd Party Services
In order to run at all times, must GSA users have a VPS (Virtual Private Server). This is a good way for individuals to organize SEO campaigns, but it is ineffective to check or even scrape a list of millions of URLs from Google. One single server will not do. We take the hassle and waiting period out of the equation by providing you with the most up to date and high-quality GSA SER verified targets
Let’s Boost The GSA Search Engine Ranker and Experience The Power Of It!
GSA SER Settings
- Make sure your Target URL Cache is cleared
- Highlight all of your projects
- Right click the selection, then select Modify Project, and click Delete Target URL Cache
You want a fresh, new list for every project you start. By default SER will begin creating a small list of target links which will begin bringing in random backlinks when you press Start. By deleting the cache you remove irrelevant links from previous projects.
- Import New E-Mails
- Highlight all of your projects
- Right click the selection, then select Modify Project; Import; E-Mail Accounts; From File /From Clipboard
- You want to delete existing E-Mail accounts by selecting “OK” here.
Make sure to import 5 – 10 Emails per project. You don’t have to import 100s of emails per project As it takes lot of resources with GSA SER. Also we highly recommended to use Yahoo / Nokia mails since we have much more success with them. Also if possible catchall mails also an another good option.
- Remove all Search Engines from your Selection
- Do this one at a time for each project.
- Select the particular project (highlight)
- Click ‘edit’
- Select ‘options’ and scroll down to where it says ‘Search Engines to use’
- Right click within that field and select ‘check none’, then press ‘ok’
Scraping URLs is a huge resource expense. If you use link lists instead you won’t needlessly use up proxies and you’ll get results much faster.
- Remove Duplicate Domains and URLs
- Click ‘options’ and go to ‘Submission’
- Select ‘Tools’ and then ‘Remove Duplicate URLs’
- You want to choose to remove every option (Identified, Submitted, Verified and Failed)
- Without changing anything else, just press ‘OK’
- Repeat the same process under ‘options’; ‘Tools’; ‘Submission’, with ‘Remove Duplicate Domains’
- Make the same selections in step c, and without changing anything press ‘OK’
- Make sure to do this as a weekly practice
These settings put all of your projects into perspective. They effect everything and it’s important to fine tune your GSA Search Engine Ranker for higher performance with the following simple steps.
Consider Your Thread Count
You want to pay attention to proxies and server resources. These determine the speed and output of the GSA and you must be sure not to overload either.
10 threads per proxy is a wise choice. You can tell for yourself what the best thread count is by understanding the server resource usage.
You can view this through the task manager. Before you check the following stats ensure that the GSA and Captcha Breaker are running so you can get an accurate reading.
Set the HTML Timeout
Some websites are very slow. On the other hand they do contain valuable backlinks, so in order to speed up your GSA effectively, set the HTML timeout to 180 seconds.
Consider Your Proxy Use
We recommend selecting the ‘Use Proxies’ option under Submission Settings. You have the advantage of hiding your IP address and avoiding bans from many different platforms. Here’s how to do that.
This is something that you must know about and use correctly. They determine not only the amount of successful links you build, but also how quickly it gets done.
The following are major success tips for proxies with your GSA results.
- Check your proxies. Any time you add a new proxy make sure it’s working successfully
- If a proxy fails, don’t remove it right away. Many times a failure point for a proxy is temporary, and you can verify it yourself by using a program like Scrapebox
- Proxy Settings
This step is very simple. It’s important that you grasp everything here though, because it makes a huge impact on your success rate.
- Never use public proxies
- Select the option to ‘automatically disable public proxies…’
Captchas reduce your success rate and increase required resources to overcome. Many of the quality backlinks you want are protected by captchas and you need a solution if you want many high quality results. Here’s what we recommend.
- Always use GSA Captcha Breaker. The majority of captchas you run into will not be able to block it, and it uses only CPU resources.
- Use a textual captcha option. You may not want to do this because it takes more time but you will get better results if you do. textcaptchasolver offer great service.
- Have a backup option. If your inexpensive GSA Captcha Breaker option happens to fail, you can run an additional service. It may slows things down considerably, but it’s worth the quality backlinks. (LPM&VPM) We recommend Captchatronix for recaptchas.
- Set your Captcha retries to 2.
Big name search engines like Google have their own indexing time schedules. Trying to speed up their indexing efforts with pings generally a waste of time in your GSA efforts. If you do want to use an indexing service, we recommend paying for a really great one. Free services just aren’t cost effective
Quality backlinks are essential. Many platforms are easy to get backlinks from but actually hurt you in the long run because they’re seen as spam in the eyes of a search engine. Here’s how to use SER effectively.
- Select all platforms
- The ‘maximum size of a website to download’ should be 50MB or higher
- Turn the ‘Skip submission…’ option at the top on
Higher download size means more overhead. This isn’t a bad thing though, because although you download more links (less exclusion) and therefore more bad links, you also download more good links. Your filter will serve you well either way.
- Article Manager
This is extremely useful in your campaigns. Major search engines like Google will rank you much higher for unique and relevant articles, especially if you’re adding them often. Here’s how you can take advantage of this.
- Use unique, readable articles. There are many reasons for this, but among the most important are the following.
- You can repurpose them without getting slapped by Google.
- You can also use the article more often.
- Some platforms manually review articles. If they’re not unique they’ll be automatically deleted and you’ll lose all of the value.
It’s easy to do. Either hire a freelance writer then pass each article through Copyscape to validate its authenticity, or write them yourself. It’s worth the effort.
Include other media. Pictures and videos will keep users on your page longer, and make your articles more valuable.
There are settings you can make. They can help you achieve greater results, and we’ve included our recommendations below.
- There’s an option called ‘How to Link’. ‘Sentence at random location’ is best for managing duplicate content since it’ll be harder to recognize.
- Do not any additional links. It’s a tip-off to search engines and isn’t necessary anyway.
- Insert between 0-1 random/authority URLs. This will change things up for each article without overdoing it.
- Insert up to 2 random images. This will vary your articles, but what people really look for in an article is information so it’s best to stay under 3.
- Insert 1 random video. Any more is ineffective and won’t help you.
- Do not insert any tags in sentences.
- Do not shorten articles. You want your articles to be at least 1000 words in length anyway, so we recommend leaving this option off.
- Insert HTML variations. Once again, variety is good, with the exception being to turn it off if your article contains HTML elements in its spin syntax to begin with.
- Activate the ‘Do not submit same article more than’ option. Make sure the number value is set to ‘1’, and the next value is set to ‘per account’. Anything else is considered spam.
There are general rules to this.
- Use 5 – 10 emails per project. Each email can typically only have one backlink built for it on most platforms, and you want more than one backlink for each platform. Thus it only makes sense to include as many emails as you can.
10 is a solid number. The more tiers you are using for a project the more backlinks you want for each platform, so this is a great general choice. You may want to add more if you have many tiers.
- Use each email only once. This includes between projects, so make sure that each email you use is unique to the project it’s used for.
- At least use new email address once a month.
Settings are also important.
- Activate the ‘Time to Wait’ option. This will keep SER from tipping off your providers, who will ban you if you’re frequently logging in. 900 -1000 seconds is a good choice.
Deactivate the ‘Use Proxies’ option.
- Activate the ‘Delete Messages’ option. You want to set this to delete emails after they’re processed to save time and resources.
- Deactivate the ‘Delete All Messages’ option. You’re already processing and deleting all emails automatically, so this isn’t a necessary process.
- Some emails won’t be processed. This is because they’re junk, so activate the ‘Delete Messages if Older Than’ option, and set it to 5 days. This will ensure your backlinks are built without clogging up your email inboxes.
There are many important settings here. They play a major role in determining whether or not you will be banned by Google, yet there isn’t a perfect way to do it.
That’s why we’ve created this guide. Some of these things you will need to test out for your own campaigns, but we’ll give you a good understanding of what to look for so you can make these distinctions on your own.
Make sure you go through this list and that your settings are up to date.
- You want to use multiple URLs. Look over each page on your domain and add many of those URLs here, otherwise it’s a big red flag. You should
- spread backlinks throughout your entire domain.
- Activate the ‘Use a random URL’ option. This way you’re building backlinks naturally.
There’s a general rule for the ‘Use verified URLs from another project’ option. This is a good choice to use if you’re working on multiple projects, and really good for pyramiding links.
- Activate the ‘Use URL variations’ option. You want a high value, and 80-100% is a good choice.
- Activate the ‘Use the root…’ option. Although you do want this turned on, you only want 10-30% of your backlinks being built on your root URL.
- Link lists are preferred over keyword options. If you’d rather have SER scrape new URLs then make sure you use plenty of keywords, otherwise turn this option off.
- Only activate the ‘Collect keywords…’ option if you turned the option in step f on.
- We recommend turning the ‘Use collected keywords…’ option off. The keywords SER will scrape for you from new targets are very poor for these purposes, and is just not useful.
- Deactivate the ‘Put keywords in quotes…’ option. It’s unnecessary and a waste of resources.
- Deactivate the ‘Try searching with similar-looking keywords’ option.
- You do want to use anchor text. Add a minimum of 30 keywords as anchor text, but also ensure that they’re relevant to your main keyword.
- Deactivate the ‘Use keywords as anchor text’ option. It’s important that you select all of the keywords for the anchor text yourself, so make sure this is off.
- Deactivate the ‘Partial match anchor text’ option. It’s best that you do this yourself.
- Deactivate the ‘Secondary anchor text’ option. It’s unnecessary and doesn’t help in the long run.
- Activate the ‘Branding anchor text’ option. What you want to do here is create your own unique link profile based on your brand and its variations.
- Activate the ‘LSI anchor text’ option. Create a natural list of related keywords and add that list here.
- Deactivate the ‘Generic anchor text’ option. It’s best to build this yourself.
- Deactivate the ‘Domain as anchor text’ option. It’s best to build this yourself.
- Activate the ‘Use citation’ option. This way SER can post your domain naturally without linking to it.
- Activate the ‘Anchor text variations’ option. Set the number value to a high number (80-100%), and it will alter the capitalization of your anchor text.
- Use the default image comment. These are really only useful if they’re original, so if you’re looking for optimal results you can write your own.
- Use the default guestbook comment as well.
- You want variations of your website title. You can use spin syntax to get more variations, and use them in the ‘Website title’ field.
- You want multiple categories. It’s generally best if you choose a bunch that are related to your site, but you can also choose extra to ‘mask’ your site.
- Activate the ‘Login’ option. This way SER can create random login usernames.
- Repeat the previous step with the ‘Password’ option
- Use the ‘About yourself’ field. This is an important aspect in forum profiles and Web 2.0 checks, and you can use spin syntax here based on an original description.
- A custom profile isn’t necessary. It’s more of a preference and you can access your own via the SER folder.
- You should use a Twitter URL. All you do is add the Twitter URL of your site and it’ll be used to build links.
- Do the same with your site’s Facebook URL. Neither are necessary, but both are helpful.
- Use forum comments. It’s easy to write your own or even just alter the default ones, which you should do.
- The German Guestbook comments are useful. Unless you speak and write in German, you can just use the default ones.
- Micromessages aren’t necessary to change. On the other hand it is valuable to create your own to be used for social networking services.
- Also add a custom website description.
There are also autofill services. These are paid services that SER offers to speed this process up for you, and it’s worth checking out.
We’ve included a list of our recommended settings below.
Activate ‘Project pause’. This will prevent you from being caught, and you want to create between 1 and 10 new backlinks each day. Once SER reaches this limit for the project, it will automatically stop.
Deactivate the ‘Per URL’ option.
Activate the ‘Ask all services option’ only for important projects. It’s recommended to select all services. The GSA Captcha Breaker service is great to have as a first option, because it’s effective and fast, but the process can get slowed down if another similar service is used second. Other SER users have suggested setup combinations for different scenarios that you can access very easily. Simply select ‘Options’; ‘Captcha’; ‘Add’; and then go to ‘Suggested Setups’ to find them.
- Deactivate the ‘Enable custom mode’ option. These are complicated and advanced settings which we won’t go into in this guide.
- Activate the ‘Verify links must have exact URL’ option. The only option you want to change in this area is to set ‘When to verify’ to automatically.
- Deactivate the ‘Reverify existing backlinks every…’ option. It’s not a cost-effective measure in that is uses up a lot of resources and doesn’t make much of a difference.
- Deactivate the ‘Send verified link to index services’ option. It’s much better to use link lists, and you also want to activate the ‘Link Indexer list’ in the service section.
- Activating the ‘Use character spinning’ option isn’t effective. It uses variable capitalization in the URLs, and while it doesn’t take much in terms of resources, it also doesn’t make much of an impact.
- Deactivate the ‘Randomly use typos’ option.
- Activate the ‘Try to always place a URL with…’ option. This will produce more backlinks for you by allowing SER to create additional links.
- Deactivate the ‘Continuously post to site even if…’ option. It’s not as useful as it is costly.
- Activate the ‘Tags’ option. You want to choose ‘anchors’ to get backlinks from hyperlinked tags.
- Deactivate the ‘Engines’ option. This isn’t congruent with link lists, and if you do use it you want to ensure that all engines are in your language.
- The ‘Always use keywords to find target sites’ is your option. If you want more than just the footprints in the engine files and you are scraping you can activate it, and also choose ‘Add stop words to query’. 20% is a reasonable value. Otherwise, deactivate this option.
- ‘Use URLs from global site lists if enabled’ is different than in Global Settings. Here, SER simply reads an existing list, so it’s best to use a bought list and import it to the identified list. Just be sure that ‘Verified’ is the only active Global Option.
- Deactivate the ‘Use URLs linking on same verified URL’ option.
- Deactivate the ‘Analyze and post to competitors’ backlinks’ option.
- The ‘Allow posting on same site again’ option is variable. It’s beneficial for tiers 2 or lower, but on tier one you don’t want several backlinks coming from the same domain.
- Activate the ‘Post first article without links’ option. It’s important that you allow SER to do this, because Web 2.0 sites typically delete all your articles and your account, if they find a link in your first article.
- Deactivate the ‘Time to wait for further registrations’ option.
- Deactivate the ‘Time to wait before first post’ option.
- Activate the ‘Time to wait between two posts’ option. 120 minutes is an appropriate setting, neither too long nor too short.
- Activate the ‘Skip sites with more than __ outgoing links’ option. 40 is an appropriate value to ensure that you’re getting enough links from each site.
- Deactivate the ‘Skip sites with a PR below…’ option. This is no longer relevant in today’s Internet world.
- Deactivate the ‘Skip also PR unknown’ option.
- Activate the ‘Type of backlinks to create’ option. We recommend only selection the following choices for this option: ‘Article’, ‘Article Wiki’, and ‘Anchor Text’.
- Deactivate the ‘Try to skip creating no-follow links’ option. The reason we suggest this is that it will promote a natural link profile that uses both no-follow and do-follow links.
- Activate the ‘Avoid posting to sites just IP and no domain’ option. You can deactivate it for less important projects, as it’ll take less time to test each one, but it’s especially important to have on for important projects.
- The ‘At least __ keywords must be present on’ option is your choice. If you want to easily gain as many backlinks as you can per minute, you can turn this off. If you want only the most relevant keywords, turn it on but also include a very large, very relevant list of keywords. This will give you the best results.
- Deactivate the ‘Skip sties with the following words’ option. If you do wish to use it, make sure that the words are long enough not to exclude too many sites
- Follow the same protocol with the ‘Skit sites with the following words in…’ option.
- Deactivate the ‘Skip sites from the following countries’ option.
- Deactivate the ‘Skip sites in the following languages’ option.
We’ve covered the basics. So far this guide on best practices has shown you an overall basic concept and tutorial on how to work GSA, and get SER to deliver the results you are looking for.
Now we are going to provide you with a cheat sheet. You can refer here any time you’re unsure and have an easy checklist to fine tune all of your campaigns and projects.
- Get faster Internet speeds. We do not mean paying more to your cable company or trying to run a home server, as that would either be too slow or too expensive. We recommend buying either a VPS or Dedicated Server.
- Adjust your thread count. This is a variable aspect that relates to the performance of your proxies, and it’ll change the amount of server resources required to run your campaigns. You can check the resource usage yourself for an optimal setting, or just stick to a general setting of 10 per proxy.
- Consider your VPS resources. Your task manager will show you everything. If either the CPU is consistently around 95% or you have less than 500MB of RAM available, there’s an issue.
- Use proxies for backlinks exclusively. You can alter this by going to ‘Options’, then ‘Submission’, then deactivating ‘Verification’.
- Receive important messages for projects. You can turn this setting on by going to ‘Options’, then ‘Submission’, and then activating ‘Enable important messages for projects’.
- Use filters effectively. Using too many filters will throw away many valuable links, so you must be aware of which filters you use. Not activating appropriate filters will result in useless links.
Note : Do not use Page Rank [PR] filter. It doesn’t have value anymore.
- Prioritize contextual links. You want these working for you because they’re very valuable, but you must allow the SER to take the necessary steps in bringing them to you. This may reduce the amount of links you receive over time.
- Use captcha services to your advantage. Start by setting the amount of retries to 3. You also want to prioritize the order in which these services are used to match your preference.
- Public proxies are a waste. The best option is to create your own custom list of proxies to get the speed and number of links per minute that put your campaigns over the top.
- Use dedicated email accounts. Every email account you use should be unique to a particular project, and you also want to ensure that they are quality email accounts with the spam filter setting off.